Last updated: September 30, 2020.
Thanks for using Guildflow! Here we describe how we collect, use, and handle your personal data and information when you use our websites, software, and services ("Services").
What & Why
We collect and use the following information to provide, improve, protect, and promote our Services.
Account information. We collect, and associate with your account, the information you provide to us when you do things such as sign up for your account, subscribe to a paid plan, and set up two-factor authentication (like your name, email address, phone number, payment info, and physical address).
Your Stuff. Our Services are designed as a simple and personalized way for you to plan, schedule, and organize gatherings, collaborate with others, and work across multiple devices and services ("Your Stuff"). To make that possible, we store, process, and transmit Your Stuff as well as information related to it. This related information includes your profile information that makes it easier to collaborate with others, as well as your usage activity.
Usage information. We collect information related to how you use the Services, including actions you take in your account (like sharing, editing, viewing, and creating meetings, events, and groups). We use this information to provide, improve, and promote our Services, and protect Guildflow users.
Device information. We also collect information from and about the devices you use, including your web browser, to access the Services. This includes things like IP addresses, the type of browser and device you use, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, and identifiers associated with your devices. For example, when creating a group or browsing a group website we collect your currently observed time zone and use that to help display times in your locale.
Cookies and other technologies. We use technologies like cookies to provide, improve, protect, and promote our Services. For example, cookies help us with things like remembering your sign in status for your next visit, understanding how you are interacting with our Services, and improving them based on that information. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the Services.
Marketing. If you register for our Services, we will, from time to time, send you information about the Services. Users who receive these marketing materials can opt out at any time. If you don’t want to receive a particular type of marketing material from us, click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the corresponding emails, or update your preferences in the Notifications section of your personal account. However, you may not opt out of certain essential system notice communications.
We sometimes contact people who don’t have a Guildflow account. For recipients in the EU, we or a third party will obtain consent before reaching out. If you receive an email and no longer wish to be contacted by Guildflow, you can unsubscribe and remove yourself from our contact list via the message itself.
Bases for processing your data. We collect and use the personal data described above in order to provide you with the Services in a reliable and secure manner. We also collect and use personal data for our legitimate business needs. To the extent we process your personal data for other purposes, we ask for your consent in advance or require that our partners obtain such consent. Guildflow processes your data (1) to provide the Guildflow Services to you pursuant to our contract with you; (2) in furtherance of its legitimate interests in operating our Services and business; and (3) with your consent. In some cases, Guildflow may process your data to comply with applicable law, legal process, or regulation; protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; or to carry out a task in the public interest.
Examples of Guildflow processing your data to provide you with the Guildflow Services include:
- Providing, updating, maintaining, and protecting our Services and business. We also analyze how you use the Services to help you prioritize Your Stuff.
- We may process information that you choose to share with us if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with Guildflow.
- Troubleshooting issues you may encounter with the Guildflow Services. If you contact us with questions or concerns about the Services, we may use your personal information to respond.
- Billing, account management, and administrative purposes. If you purchase a paid Guildflow plan, we may collect and process payment information, including your name, credit or debit card information, billing address, and details of your transaction history.
- Sending you emails and other communications. We may contact you about important changes to our Services and Service-related notices. These communications are considered part of the Guildflow Services and you may not opt out of them.
Examples of Guildflow processing your data in furtherance of its legitimate interests in operating our Services and business include:
- Understanding how you use our Services and improving them.
- Promoting Guildflow Services that are most relevant to your interests.
- Investigating and preventing security issues and abuse of the Guildflow Services or Guildflow users.
Examples of Guildflow processing your data with your consent include:
- Sending you marketing materials about our Services. If you do not wish to receive these materials, simply click the Unsubscribe link in any email, or update your preferences in the Notifications section of your Guildflow account.
- Connecting your Guildflow account with other third party services via Guildflow APIs.
- Collecting feedback from you to improve our Services and develop new features.
We may share information as discussed below, but we won’t sell it to advertisers or other third parties.
Others working for and with Guildflow. Guildflow may use certain trusted third parties (for example, providers of customer support and IT services) for the business purposes of helping us provide, improve, protect, and promote our Services. These third parties will access your information to perform tasks on our behalf, and we’ll remain responsible for their handling of your information per our instructions. Third parties that we use to provide Guildflow’s Services are:
Other users. Our Services display information like your name, profile picture, device, email address, and usage information to other users you collaborate or choose to share with. Certain features let you make additional information available to others, including group leaders and administrators. Private groups are strictly locked down, requiring members to sign in for all activity and the group name and summary are never published to the internet at large. Public groups are more open; the group name and summary are published as well as basic event info.
Group Owners. Group Owners and administrators have the ability to download and export all data relating to a group and take that data to another service. If a Group Owner wishes to take Your Stuff with them to another service, that Group Owner must obtain your consent to do so. If you do not wish for Your Stuff to be included in a group export, you may choose to be excluded via the “Edit Group Export Setting” on your account settings page. Your Stuff will remain your property.
Other applications. You can choose to connect your Guildflow account with third-party services––for example, via Guildflow APIs. By doing so, you’re enabling Guildflow and those third parties to exchange information about you and data in your account so that Guildflow and those third parties can provide, improve, protect, and promote their services. Please remember that third parties’ use of your information will be governed by their own privacy policies and terms of service.
Law & Order and the Public Interest. We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or appropriate government request; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of Guildflow or our users; (d) protect Guildflow’s rights, property, safety, or interest; or (e) perform a task carried out in the public interest.
Stewardship of your data and information is critical to us and a responsibility that we embrace. We believe that your data and information should receive the same legal protections regardless of whether it’s stored on our Services or on your own computer’s hard drive. We’ll abide by the following Government Request Principles when receiving, scrutinizing, and responding to government requests (including national security requests) for your data and information:
- Be transparent
- Fight blanket requests
- Protect all users, and
- Provide trusted services.
We publish a Transparency Report as part of our commitment to informing you about when and how governments ask us for information. This report details the types and numbers of requests we receive from law enforcement. We encourage you to review our Government Request and Transparency Report for more detailed information on our approach and response to government requests.
Security. We are dedicated to keeping your information secure and testing for vulnerabilities. We continue to work on features to keep your data and information safe. We deploy automated technologies to detect abusive behavior and content that may harm our Services, you, or other users. Some technical details include:
- We force all connection to use HTTPS.
- We never store your plain text password, but instead record a hashed version of it. This hash is never shared, even in a group export.
- We require a minimum of 10 characters for all passwords and test our software to work well with popular password managers furthermore encouraging users to use a unique random password with Guildflow that is not also used for other services.
- We regularly update the server software and incorporate security patches.
User Controls. You can access, amend, download, and delete your personal information by signing in into your Guildflow account and going to your member account settings page.
Retention. When you sign up for an account with us, we’ll retain information you store on our Services for as long as your account exists or as long as we need it to provide you the Services. Please note: if you choose to delete your account (1) there might be some latency in deleting this information from our servers and back-up storage; and (2) we may retain this information if necessary, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
Around the world. To provide you with the Services, we may store, process, and transmit data in the United States and locations around the world—including those outside your country. Data may also be stored locally on the devices you use to access the Services.
Your Control and Access of Your Data
You have control over your personal data and how it’s collected, used, and shared. For example, you can:
- Delete Your Stuff in your Guildflow account.
- Change or correct personal data. You can manage your account and the content contained in it, as well as edit some of your personal data, through your account settings page.
- Access and take your data elsewhere. You can access your personal data from your Guildflow account and you can download a copy of Your Stuff in a machine readable format. You can also ask us for a copy of personal data you provided to us or that we’ve collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting it, the types of sources we got it from, and types of third parties we’ve shared it with.
- Object to the processing of your personal data. Depending on the processing activity, you can request that we stop or limit processing of your personal data.
If you would like to submit a data access request, request that your personal data be deleted, or object to the processing of your personal data, please email us at email@example.com.
Guildflow as controller or processor. If you reside in North America (the United States, Canada, and Mexico), Zorn Labs LLC acts as your service provider and processor of your data. For all other users, Zorn Labs LLC acts as a controller of your personal data.
If we’re involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale of our assets, your data may be transferred as part of that deal. We’ll notify you (for example, via a message to the email address associated with your account) at least thirty (30) days before any such deal and outline your choices in that event.
Have questions or concerns about Guildflow, our Services, and privacy? Contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. If they can’t answer your question, you have the right to contact your local data protection supervisory authority.